We will be in the High Street by Barclays Bank on the Saturday mornings of 23 February, 2 March and 9 March to talk to you about this project to kick start a fair and independent Green Deal in Oxfordshire. Working with the Low Carbon Hub we are making available up to 50 FREE Green Deal assessments for the residents of Kidlington and the immediate locality during March. The assessments will be carried out by independent and qualified Green Deal Advisers, who will identify the work on your home that will give the biggest energy savings. Your details cannot be used for marketing purposes.
If you would like to sign up now, complete the form at
www.lowcarbonhub.org/warming-oxfordshire and an advisor will make an appointment to visit. You do not have to be an owner-occupier to take advantage of the Green Deal.
During the winter of 2011-12 we ran the Low Carbon Living Programme for several households in Kidlington and surrounding areas. We would love to run it again for 2012-13. If you are interested, just email us at
email@example.com or phone Steve on 01865 379913. If we get enough people, we’ll start it in January.
The programme begins with calculating your carbon footprint, which includes one of us completing a detailed questionnaire with you, taking about an hour. Then over the coming weeks there will be 6 carbon busting sessions going into detail about Lighting & Appliances, Heating & Insulation, Travel, Food & Cooking, Waste Reduction & Stuff, and Green Energy. Twelve months down the line, we’ll do another carbon footprint so you can see the effect of any changes you decide to make.
About KvsCC: In the summer of 2007 at the Kidlington Summer Gala .….. Anthony met Janet.
Janet had paid a visit to the stand Anthony was manning for ClimateXchange, they got chatting and soon realised they shared a common interest in:
- Protecting our environment
- Sustainable living
- Raising awareness about the implications of climate change
Soon after that first meeting the local community action group Kidlington vs Climate Change was formed.
The Eco group’s core membership continues to grow as more Kidlington residents looking to make a difference and live a more sustainable lifestyle want to learn about:
Environmental issues effecting Kidlington
- Make savings on their homes energy
- Running eco friendly homes
- Going about reducing carbon footprints
Since 2007 Kidlington vs Climate Change members have worked together to help raise public awareness in an informative, friendly, fun way.
Kidlington vs Climate Change have organised many events to help raise awareness of local residents:
- Kidlington Gala with ClimateXchange.
- Packed screening of Al Gore film “An Inconvenient Truth”
- Kidlington Gala stand. The chair‘s (Anthony Simpson) workplace RM plc, was named in The Sunday Times Top 50 Green Companies. Anthony helped set up RM’s green group in 2004.
- June: Our first Kidlington Eco Fair.
- July: Kidlington Gala stand.
- September: “Age of Stupid” film night.
- Winter: Global Action Challenge project with Kidlington Sea Scouts
- February: “Climate Change Condensed” workshop.
- June: Eco Fair
- Winter: Anaerobic Food waste digestion & composting.
- Workshop making Jewellery from recycled materials
- Carbon Conversations – a course of 6 facilitated discussion groups
- March: Open meeting “Kidlington Taking Control – To reduce our carbon, to reduce our bills”
- April: From April the first Tuesday of each month ‘Kidlington Green Drinks’ at The Squire Bassett, Kidlington – join us from 8.30pm
- June: Eco Fair 18th June